“I just placed an order with Ingram Spark and applied the CIPA discount code. I am very thankful for the discount code as it has more than paid for my CIPA membership.” —Rachael
Why Join a Professional Organization?
There are four main reasons to join a professional organization like CIPA. Click here to read about how membership helps you achieve your goals.
CIPA Member Benefits:
Despite all of the technical advances of recent years, it’s still not easy to effectively market books. The competition gets stiffer as the number of books published each year grows. Through banding together, we can help promote all of our books and publications.
Educational / Networking Benefits:
- Christian Indie Publishing Journal: a monthly e-newsletter featuring industry news and marketing tips. See a sample.
- Downloadable “Checklist for Publishing a Professional-Looking Book.”
- Downloadable “Book Launch Marketing Checklist.”
- Downloadable Reference Guides on creating Press Releases, Author Media Kits, Media Pitches, and more.
- Access to MCB University’s on-demand seminars on publishing and marketing Christian books. (click here to see more).
- Networking opportunities with other Christian small publishers and independent authors.
- Calendar of events relevant to publishers in the Christian marketplace.
- Discount on subscription to Publishers Weekly.
Marketing / Advertising Benefits:
- Direct hotlink to each member’s website from CIPA’s website.
- Co-op marketing and advertising opportunities in the Christian marketplace.
- Representation for members’ products at trade shows.
- Your books can be made available for review through BookCrash a books-for-bloggers program.
- Free publisher announcements in the Christian Indie Publishing Journal.
- eBlasts to the Christian marketplace.
- Discount when ordering IndieReader In-Store/Edelweiss Digital Review service.
- Discounts on advertising with various Christian magazines such as Ruby Magazine.
- Discounts on press release services.
- Downloadable “List of Radio and Podcast Media” actively seeking guests.
- Christian Indie Awards.
- Free title setup and revisions with IngramSpark.
- Free title setup with Lightning Source.
- Discount on Bowker services including ISBN purchase.
- Discount on ISNI Numbers.
- Discount when ordering Book Design Templates and covers.
- Discount with BookBaby.
- Discount on Reedsy services.
- Distribution option through Ingram / Spring Arbor.
- Access to foreign-rights agents.
Financial / Legal Benefits:
- Access to publisher liability insurance.
- Discounted membership to APSS (Association of Publishers for Special Sales).
- Discounted membership to SPAWN (Small Publishers, Artists, and Writers Network).
- Discounted pricing for services offered through CIPA’s Partner members.
CIPA is dedicated to creating the sort of services that you want. As a member, you are invited to give us feedback on our services and provide ideas for where you’d like to see CIPA go. In fact, your first chance to tell us what you want is right in the application.
- be a small publisher with revenues less than $500,000 per year, or
be an independently published author who is marketing and selling your book(s) through your own ministry or website, and
- publish materials for the Christian marketplace, and
- agree to abide by CIPA’s code of conduct.
Code of Conduct
Acknowledging that God has commanded us to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind” and to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37, 39), CIPA members pledge to:
- be honest and fair in all our business practices with whomever we conduct business,
- honor and fulfill all business commitments and agreements,
- treat others as we would have them treat us, and
- conduct business in a manner that brings honor to CIPA, its members, and the title of Christian.
CIPA offers annual memberships based on the calendar year from January to December. Dues are $90.00 per year (regardless of when a publisher joins), renewable in December prior to the next calendar year.
Join now for Membership through December 2020 for just $120!