Who We Are
This privacy notice provides you with details about how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our websites: http://www.christianpublishers.net, https://www.christianaward.com, and http://www.bookcrash.com.
Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA), a division of Marketing Christian Books Inc., is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
If you need to contact us in regards to this policy or your personal data, you can email us at email@example.com or snail mail us at: PO Box 481022, Charlotte, NC 28269.
What Personal Data We Collect
We may collect any of the following personal data from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Business name
- Financial information
- Any personal data you post on our website
- Data about how you use our website
- Photographs of you at events
- Any other information that you directly provide to us through our contact form, our comments section, our applications, our payments form, our voting survey, or via email, telephone, and snail mail.
CSPA’s websites are hosted and located in the United States. Any personal data that users outside of the U.S. provided via CSPA’s websites will be transferred to the United States, and by visiting these sites and submitting personal data, you authorize this transfer.
How We Use Your Data
We use the data we collect for any or all of the following:
- Process financial transactions to enable you to purchase goods or services
- Send you communications about goods or services you have purchased or requested
- Reply to any inquires you have about our goods or services
- Send you marketing communications regarding our goods and services
- Ask you to complete surveys or invite you to vote on contests
- Monitor and analyze the use of our websites and online services
- Administer and protect our organization and websites
- Manage our organization and services provided
Who We Share Your Data With
We do not share your personal data with third parties with the exception of CSPA Members who are listed in the Membership Directory portion of the CSPA website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We retain your data as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We use a software technology called “cookies” to collect non-personal information about our visitors. Such information includes the domain name of the visitor’s internet service provider (ISP). We also count the number of visitors who come to our site each day in an aggregate form. Such information allows us to better assess which attractions are best meeting our audience’s needs.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to have your name, email address and website saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies last for one year.
How We Protect Your Data
We strive to ensure that all current and future information collected from our users is secure. We are careful to limit the number of individuals who have access to our database servers as well as maintaining standard commercial standards in electronic security and password protection.
CSPA is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). At this time, CSPA does not market products or services to children 12 or under.
Changes To This Policy